Sunday, January 18, 2009

I Will Learn To Be Strong

Words of wisdom

come to my ears,

Telling me what I know in my heart,

But never wanted to hear.


With the truth finally said

and out in the open for me to plainly see,

I wonder why I can love so deeply

but never had that love returned back to me.


I confessed the feelings

that I held inside for so long,

But with his soft- hearted rejection,

I realize I have to be strong.


With tears that want to flow

from my eyes,

I feel that my heart,

along with my composure, slowly dies.


While this dramatic side is showing through

with my ability to question and reason,

I think I may have found

something in me that I can believe in.


Love hurts . . .

That's what they all say,

But I will love again

when all this pain and sorrow goes away.


So I sit and think of all the things

this situation has cost,

And I realize that nothing

very important has been lost.


Instead, a learning experience

has come from all this.

I've learned that hardly anything

is more important than my happiness.

No comments: